For now, it is so nice to have some structure to our days. It's calming to know that it doesn't really matter what time he gets up in the morning because he will pretty much always be ready for his nap around 9AM. And to know that his next nap will come three hours after he wakes from that first nap and, if it's a good one, he'll be done napping for the day. He seems so happy and hasn't fussed in his crib since we started being more regular, perhaps because we're not waiting until he gets crabby before putting him down. Remember all those old anxious posts about napping? And how I had to keep reminding myself that naps would likely consolidate and become more predictable around 6 months? Yessir, those predictions were quite spot on. I am so grateful for the wisdom that surrounds AskMoxie - from the bloggess herself as well as from her intelligent, witty readers. So much reassurance.
So what does this mean for me? I can more easily plan our day together and I can do more things like blog, bake, practice yoga, and work during his naps since I can (usually) count on them. Taken together with the fact that his feedings are down to once per night, I am beginning to feel like myself again. I'm happier, too. This is good.
What else is good? Well, I think I might try making some of this granola this weekend, as posted by the wonderful Soule Mama. It's from this book, which I will likely be purchasing. Since Soule Mama just received permission to post the recipe from the book's author, I don't feel right reposting it. Check out the link, and let me know if you make it before I do. Here's a photo of the book and the granola, packaged for a gift (which is another fabulous idea).
Image from soulemama.com
No comments:
Post a Comment