Monday, May 11, 2009

Shopping, shopping, shopping...

I spent all day out at the mall (seriously, it was the most time I have spent in a mall since I was fifteen) and had mixed results.

First, to Lucky Jeans: you suck for selling jeans that have the same style name but fit differently. Why oh why is the pair of Lil Maggie jeans I'm wearing right now fitting so much better than the pairs you are selling, Lucky Jeans? Why don't you name them something else?

Second, to the lady at the M.A.C. store in the Galleria: you totally rock. I was in and out of there in less than ten minutes. You helped me find exactly what I needed and you saved me from buying an eyeliner that I didn't need. Here's what I ended up with:


That's mineral powder in medium, a quad of shadows in espresso, shroom, typography, and woodwinked, concealer, a gold eye cream to go under the shadow for depth of color and lasting power, blush, and waterproof mascara. Done. All for $156. Which is about 10 times what I've spent on makeup in one trip ever before, in my entire life. But hey, as long as I practice my look a few times this week, I'll look great.

Then, while waiting for the dudes at the Apple store to futz with my laptop (which is the real reason I was at the mall all day), I went to Hancock Fabrics in search of organza and fabric to wrap the chuppah buckets. I learned upon futher inspection that I didn't want organza, but chiffon. They had plenty of it and it was on sale, so I bought six yards in ivory. Perfect. But then I had to locate the fabric to cover the buckets, and here is only a small sample of the vast selection I had to look through:


As predicted, somewhat overwhelming. But I managed, even without the old-lady-in-bifocals, who did not in fact materialize. I didn't see her anywhere. So much for that theory. Here's a somewhat blurry rendition of what I ended up with:


Once that was taken care of, I went back to the mall to pick up my laptop and accidentally walked into H&M. Not sure how that happened. But I managed to get out of there with a number of cute summer additions, including some thin organic cotton tees, tanks, and two sweet pairs of linen pants. I am so ready for some steady warm weather.

Up next, tomorrow: to Walgreens for some fake eyelashes.
Much easier.

1 comment: